Check Southwest Airlines Flight Status by Flight number or Departure and Arrival City or Airport and Departure date to Track Southwest Airlines Flight Status in Real-time.
How to check Southwest Airlines flight status?
- Open a browser and type https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/.
- Enter the Flight Number or Departure and Arrival City or Airport Code and Departure Date.
- Click Search to check Southwest Airlines flight status.
Southwest Airlines Co., commonly known as Southwest, is a US-based airline and the world’s largest low-cost carrier. It is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and offers scheduled services to 121 domestic destinations and 10 international locations. Established on March 9, 1967, by Herb Kelleher and Rollin King as Air Southwest Co., it adopted its current name in 1971 and initially operated only within Texas.
Southwest expanded regionally in 1979 and subsequently nationwide. The airline’s unique business model includes a rolling hub, a point-to-point network, free checked baggage, and an exclusive Boeing 737 fleet. As of 2019, the airline employees nearly 66,100 staff members and operates approximately 4,000 departures daily during peak travel seasons.
Flight Check-In Online
Eligible passengers can check in online 24 hours prior to departure.
- Visit Southwest Airlines Check-In page.
- Enter the Confirmation number and First name and Last name of the passenger.
- Click on ‘Retrieve Reservation’ to start the check-in process.
Flight Changes and Cancellations
If Southwest has contacted you with a new plan via phone or email, your updated reservation is confirmed, and no further action is required. However, if the new schedule does not suit your plans, you have the option to change or cancel your flight.
Changing Your Flight
In case of an involuntary change, you can modify your flight date/time up to 14 days from your original travel date without incurring any additional charges.
Canceling Your Flight
If you decide not to travel due to a Southwest-initiated schedule change, you can either:
- Receive a method-of-payment refund
- Retain the ticket value as a flight credit for future travel
- You have the option to modify or cancel your flight until 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. For instance, if a flight is set to depart at 8 a.m., changes or cancellations must be made by 7:50 a.m. If passengers neither travel nor make adjustments or cancellations, their reservation will be subject to the airline’s no-show policy.
Southwest Airlines Customer Service