Check Air Canada Flight Status by Flight number or Departure and Arrival City or Airport and Departure date to Track Air Canada Flight Status in Real-time.
How to check Air Canada flight status?
- Open a browser and type https://www.aircanada.com/flifo/.
- Enter the Flight number or Departure and Arrival City or Airport and Departure Date.
- Click Search to check Air Canada flight status.
Air Canada, established in 1937, is the flag carrier and the largest air carrier in Canada, serving as a prominent player in the global aviation industry. The company’s headquarters is located in the borough of Saint-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec. Air Canada operates an extensive flight network catering to passenger and cargo transportation needs, with destinations spanning 222 locations worldwide.
The airline boasts a diverse fleet comprising wide-body aircraft such as the Airbus A330, Boeing 777, and Boeing 787 Dreamliner for long-haul journeys. At the same time, short-haul routes are serviced by the Airbus A320 family (including A319, A320, and A321 variants), Boeing 737 MAX 8, and Airbus A220-300 aircraft.
Eligible passengers can check in 24 hours before departure.
- Visit Air Canada Check-in page.
- Enter your Identification (Booking Reference / Aeroplan ID / Air Canada Employee Number / Ticket Number) and Last Name.
- Click on Continue to initiate the check-in process.
Long Delay and Flight Cancellation
In the event of a flight delay of three hours or more or a cancellation, Air Canada offers rebooking options on alternative flights to the intended destination at the earliest available opportunity, provided the passenger wishes to make such arrangements.
If a flight is delayed for three hours or more or cancelled due to a situation within Air Canada’s control or as required for safety purposes, passengers have the option to receive a refund for the unused portion of their ticket.
For passengers who are not at their point of origin, Air Canada also provides the choice to receive a refund for the ticket and arrange for a return to the point of origin.
Standards of Treatment
If passengers have been informed of a delay or cancellation less than 12 hours prior to the scheduled departure time indicated on their ticket and have subsequently waited for a minimum of two hours after the departure time, Air Canada will offer the following:
- Reasonable quantities of food and drink, taking into consideration the length of the wait, time of day, and location.
- Access to a means of communication.
- Overnight accommodation at a hotel or similar establishment located within a reasonable distance from the airport, in the case of overnight delays for out-of-town passengers, subject to availability.
In the event of a flight delay of three hours or more or a cancellation within Air Canada’s control, passengers are eligible to receive compensation unless certain conditions apply. The amount of compensation for delays and cancellations is determined based on the arrival time at the final destination:
- For delays between 3 and 6 hours upon arrival, compensation is set at 400 CAD.
- Delays between 6 and 9 hours upon arrival qualify for compensation of 700 CAD.
- Delays of 9 hours or more upon arrival entitle passengers to compensation of 1,000 CAD.
Air Canada Customer Support
1-888-247-2262 (Flight Info and Reservation)
1 888 689-BAGS (2247) (Baggage Delays or Damage)